It’s that time of year again ……The Apache County Fair!  Just a reminder that all food vendors must submit a Special Event Application at least 3 weeks prior to an event, along with a $50.00 event fee (the fee can only be waived if documentation proving non-profit status is provided).

For your convenience, the Special Event packet along with other information that may be helpful are listed below.  The application has to be submitted ‘complete’ with a scaled set of plans showing the set up along with all the other criteria required in the application.  Also attached is the most updated list of registrants registered with the state for Home Baked and Confectionary Goods.  Apache County Public Health Services District is charged with enforcing the law according to the following statute:

A.R.S. § 36-136(A)(6) and A.R.S. § 36-136(D).  Arizona Administrative Code Title 9 Chapter 8 Arizona Food Code 8-301.11 requires a person to have a food establishment license to operate a food establishment.  In order for the local regulatory authority to issue a permit, the applicant must show that they are in compliance with the United States Food and Drug Administration Food Code of 1999.

Please remind your food vendors that health inspections will be taking place at the event.  If a food vendor is not in compliance with the Food Code, they may have to cease serving food to the public until they become compliant.

Your assistance in ensuring the safety of the residents and visitors to Apache County is greatly appreciated!  Please don’t hesitate to call if you have questions or need assistance.

Thank you,

Michael Madrid, Registered Sanitarian

If you are selling any kind of food you need to contact the Apache County Health Department, Michael Madrid, RS or Tina Gonzalez at 928-337-7932. For all the forms and information regarding food preparation and sales, please visit our Public Health Services page.

2016 Special Event Booth Booklet – 2016 SE-Vendor Pack New Forms 7-09

Home & Baked Confectionary Goods Registrants

Guidelines for food and drink concessions

Temperature Food Establishment Information

Temporary Food Establishment Plan Review Information

* If you have any questions regarding permits or getting approved, please contact Michael Madrid at (928) 337-7607 or visit the Apache County Public Health Services webpage.